Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Nic Returns, Part 73


I have succumbed to peer pressure.

I've always been a sporadic blogger, and it wasn't really surprising to me when I abandoned the blog again about a year ago. I'd just moved back to Small Town and I felt like I didn't have anything interesting to talk about any longer. I wasn't working, I was far from friends, and I had no romantic - or sexual - prospects on the horizon. Unless you wanted to read post after post about what I was watching on television and the indignity of being forced to ask your mother for money to buy cat food, the blog was going to be pointless.

Ten months back in Small Town, I've found my way. I started substitute teaching, I discovered a love of (and talent for) baking, and I've made peace with my solitude. People have slipped out of and back into my life. My interests have deepened and broadened.

I'm happy.

So, while I can't promise that it will be consistently - or ever - interesting, and I can't swear that I'll even post with any sense of predictability, I'm back.

Potential topics up for discussion in the near future: astrology, my adventures in baking, the reappearance of Project, loneliness and its lack of presence, my desire and failure to be type-A, my thoughts on philosophy and Ayn Rand, and what's going on with my career. I will also continue to share favorite quotations and to celebrate Things I Love Thursdays.

Here we go.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home