Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things I Love Thursday


Books Reading articles about them on The Daily Beast, ordering them online, checking them out from the library - everything about them makes me happy. Like everything in my life, I read books in phases, and right now I'm in a books-with-substance phase, quite different from my nonfiction, young adult, and romance novel phases. Love books so much.


Lady Gaga on the VMAs With the exception of the meat dress (it icked me out), I was pretty happy with Gaga Sunday night. She wore McQueen because the designer provided the clothes for her much-nominated (and much-awarded) "Bad Romance" video, and while I thought that we'd moved past the armadillo heels, I'm pretty sure she's the only one who could actually wear them in public instead of just for a photo shoot. She walked the carpet with soldiers discharged due to the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, honored the late McQueen in one of her acceptance speeches, and told the cast of Glee that she loves them. Cher presented her the award for Video of the Year, and all I could think as the two of them stood there was how excited "the gays" (as Kathy Griffin would say) must have been. Cher and Gaga! Love love love.

Luck Fate. Whatever you want to call it. There was an accident last night at the end of the road I live on that I may very well have been a part of if I hadn't stopped to get gas on my way home. It seems simple, and it is, but I'm grateful either way.


Inspiration It comes from rain and quiet and the beautiful words of others. Now, I need to combine that with motivation and good timing and a healthy pinch of luck.

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”
Virginia Woolf



Extra Credit Johnny Weir on The Rachel Zoe Project; "I have shoes older than most of tonight's nominees."; Mom-made (better than homemade) vegetable beef stew; blasts from the past - and all the better when they put cash in my pocket; the season premiere of Gossip Girl waiting on the parents' DVR for my viewing pleasure; writing letters to the future-me; "you think you know me"; employing my baking skills to endear myself to my future boss and the very nice secretary who gives me work now; "they actually taste chocolatey instead of just being brown" - my goal, so that comment was much appreciated; so-cute kittens; painting my door pink - picture forthcoming!; gchats with Ms. B; lovely things on Tumblr; feline reactions to peacock calls on TV; playing Monopoly Here and Now on my computer; feeling more certain of myself; planning a rainy-evening dinner.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Today I love:
-gchats with you as well.
-THAT I FUCKING LEAVE FOR LA IN 6 HOURS!

That one wins.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

I have to agree with you on the books! I received a parcel from amazon this week, and it always brings a smile!

Dinner out as a family! With the eldest near 18 and the youngest near 15 - there won't be too many of those nights left!

Vegetarian pizza! I mean seriously, for once a menu with no vegetarian options ensured I had the BEST meal. There was not a vegetable left in the kitchen and my pizza was piled high. YUM!

Lychee pudding! No idea. Husband put it in the trolley and it is YUM!

Walking with my daughter every day. Last year, I did not imagine that at the same time the following year, we would be able to do that.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Spiff said...

I know you mentioned it awhile ago - but I wanted to let you know I read the Hunger Games series and we need to have a series discussion about how amazing it was.

-glomperoo-

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger nicalyse said...

Ahhhh, Spiff! Love love love love love. They're so amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home