Sunday, December 03, 2006

Saturday Night*

Someone needs to smack me the next time I call my life boring. Inevitably, this leads to excitement and drama. On the plus side, none of the drama of the last two days has been mine.

Like I said in yesterday’s post, I basically spent the day watching movies, and around four I finally got tired enough to go to bed. Thirty minutes later, I was scared out of sleep by the ringing of my phone next to my head. Somehow I registered that it was Bradshaw and I answered.

“What?”

“Are you awake?” she asked.

“Now I am.”

“I need to talk to you. Can I come over?”

I was still so confused. “Why?”

“Because I just had sex with [engaged boy].”

What the fuck? “Yeah, come on over.”

I climbed out of the warm, comfy bed and immediately began shivering. I dressed and went to sit on my couch, wrapped in a quilt, to wait.

She stumbled in, clearly intoxicated, sat on the couch, and put her head in her hands wordlessly.

I watched her for a moment. “Spill.”

Bradshaw and Engaged Boy have known each other since their freshman year. They're both biology majors, so they’ve had at least one lab together every semester, and she’s always had a thing for him. And, apparently, he has too. Here’s the short version of last night’s events: EB called Bradshaw and tells her to come to the bar he was at. She did, and he proceeded to buy her multiple drinks and get her drunk. The bar closed, so they went back to someone’s house to continue the evening. One of EB’s friends pushed the pair of them into an empty room and...there you have it. It wasn’t until after the fact that his engagement popped back into her head, at which point she looked at him and said, “You are getting married in MAY!”

We discussed the nuances of the situation and whether or not she should feel bad.
Finally, she looked at me and ask if she could crash on my couch. I said of course and then went back to my comfy, comfy bed, considering the drama that always happens when boys and alcohol are mixed.

I just hope that next weekend is less eventful.

*Technically this should be called Sunday Morning, but it’s not morning until I’ve slept all night, at least as far as I’m concerned.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

being drunk is never a good thing . . .

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger nicalyse said...

It all depends on how well you control yourself.

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. Your life is most definitely not boring. At least lately it seems like it hasn't been. ;) Wow, drama, drama, drama, huh? Never fails when booze is involved. Oh, and I agree with you about it not being morning until you've slept all night...lol. So true, isnt it? :)

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger nicalyse said...

Lyn: It doesn't get much better when you get into your twenties, believe me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home