Thursday, March 05, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


Happy Thursday! We don't need an intro, right?

  • Bradshaw weekend I may have been sick by the time it was over, but I don't think that was her fault. Dinner at B Dubs that made me laugh so hard my abs hurt, excellent cupcakes, an evening at a fun bar, lunch with people I never get to see, painting strangers' naked stomachs, and falling asleep to Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist - it was a pretty fantastic weekend, altogether.
  • Growth I can't say that my action plan is completely on track, but I think that's okay. I'm still feeling more positive than I was three weeks ago, and I'm definitely still working on the patience thing. I'm still reading things that make me feel better about myself, and I'm still doing and trying things that make me happy. Baby steps, yes, but at least they're steps.
  • A weekend in Small Town I haven't been back home since the day after Christmas, and after a while a girl starts to miss the little things. I'm looking forward to a cheeseburger and spending a day in the quiet and being able to just be. All of those sorts of things that you never seem to be able to do unless you're back at home.
  • An excuse to stay in bed Let's be honest, sometimes we just want to curl up under the covers and do a whole lot of nothing. Well, I called in sick on Monday and did just that, and even though I wasn't feeling the best, it was nice to know that I was neglecting responsibilities for a valid reason and that no one would hold it against me. And now I feel almost 100%!
  • Lists Of books to read, recipes to try, outfits to put together, things to do with my tax return, movies to add to the Netflix queue, people who love me, small things to buy, people to remind they're beautiful, blogs I love, tweets that make me smile. Lists of lists are pretty good too.

This made me smile a lot. Looks an awful lot like Puck.
  • Honorable mentions Waking up to a white world; fresh dry erase calendars; passion tea lemonade; Slumdog Millionaire; Regina Spektor; cashmere sweaters and trench coats on massive clearance; possibility; positive visualization; an empty house; sharing the comforter with Marilyn Monroe; mixing paint like a pro; excellent customers; Vitamin Water; sugar/caffeine highs; maintaining my delusions; tomato soup; excellent book anticipation; cracking myself up; hugs; feeling comfortable in my own skin.
Let's try listing three things again, huh kittens? Just three! It's easy!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

1. You. Your wonderful wonderful wonderful Thursday blog that makes me remember that things will get better and that I'm not a total loser and I choose who I want to be and can't control others.
2. The episode of Gilmore Girls when Rory moves in to her dorm room and Paris has a craft corner.
3. Getting extrememly intoxicated and laughing for hours.

 
At 7:19 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I very much thought that actually was Puck and that you had made it. Interesting to see you didn't. Anywho, today I love warm, warm weather, knowing that a friend is coming into town today, a winery trip tomorrow, not doing anything productive at work, and seeing a coworker's head clip-arted onto a monkey's body. It's her birthday.

I'm glad you're feeling better!!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

I love Thursdays too :) Good blog!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

http://www.recipezaar.com/Cappuccino-Frosting-144420

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

Watchmen, Watchmen, and... oh yeah... Watchmen.

I lead a thrilling existence.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

"...spending a day in the quiet and being able to just be. All of those sorts of things that you never seem to be able to do unless you're back at home"

That's exactly what I did this weekend. It was bliss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home