Thursday, June 04, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


I feel mean today, but that doesn't mean that there aren't oodles of things that I'm in love with this week. Lets go!

  • Being healthy When I wrote last week, I was in the midst of a horrible bout of...something horrible. I never went to the doctor, but the combo of a fever I couldn't shake with a sore throat and abject misery was, well...hideous. I'm still not at total wellness - my right ear is swollen, i.e. potential ear infection - but when I woke up this morning, the sore throat was finally gone! I also managed to spend some time in the hot tub reading last night without spiking a horrible fever that left me in the fetal position on the bathroom floor, so things are looking up!
  • Books I love them. This weekend we're having the summer round of employee appreciation days (40%, yo!), so I'm going to break the rule I put in place for myself and buy a few lovely things to get me through the summer. I'm thinking What Would Audrey Do?, Testimony, and something else. Open to suggestions, kittens, because I really should buy something that I haven't already read. Plus spending hours over the last few days working on How to Buy a Love of Reading and the advance read of The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane - reading makes me happy.
via oh, hello friend
  • Adopted kittens Last week, I told you about the white fluff ball that was running around our house waiting to be adopted. Well, she decided that the Roommate's boy was her daddy and never looked back. Her purrs sound an awful lot like the white noise machines that people put in their bedrooms to help them sleep, and so her name, Static, came to life. The boy went home and he and Static are settling into a lovely, codependent relationship as I type.
  • Winning This is a week old, but it still makes me happy. I love getting my own way.
via Finally Seeing

  • Bitching (Thanks, Bradshaw) When the planets align just right, Bradshaw is at work and at her computer at the same time that I am at home and at mine - then we bitch. We complain about anything that is upsetting us, then move on to talk about things that no one but us probably cares about. I like it.
  • Oodles and oodles the most phallic-shaped carrots I've ever seen in my life; finally subscribing to Vanity Fair (I will save so much money!); the urge to write; tons of new music; taking quiche to work for breakfast; blended strawberry lemonade; Paris When It Sizzles; remembering pointless conversations that still make me laugh; being smooth all over; driving in the rain; wish fulfillment; multiple opportunities to sleep in; Hercules; working with childrens' books; financial stability, if not a vast fortune; drinking water constantly; sleeping with my legs in odd positions to accommodate sleeping Marilyn; roommates who bring you drugs when you are dying; doing all of my laundry; "Drive" by Incubus; wearing a cashmere cardigan in May; job security; hoping that this will make someone smile.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:34 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Just a list for you today:

Knowing that I influenced at least three of the things you love today (if by conversation, or outright telling you); RENT; being at winning baseball games; Starbucks Fridays; BrewFest; a new commenter on my blog (I love that); smiling; German beers; cable--but mostly ESPN so I can watch SportsCenter while I get ready for work; remembering some of those same conversations; out of town visitors; finding a movie I loved as a kid at Target for only $5.

"I got what I wanted on many fronts."
"I'd say probably on your back too."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home