Thursday, May 21, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

via Finally Seeing

Well, I'm coming off a pretty crappy day to write this (I was sick), but I think I can still come up with lots of things that make me happy this week. Here we go!

  • Sleeping all day I was sick yesterday, which is never great. There is, however, one giant perk to being sick: sleep. You are not only encouraged but expected to spend the entire day in bed, dozing and reading and watching whatever is on your television (Project Runway season two on DVD). If you wake up with a headache, you just pop some ibuprofen and roll over. I'm pretty sure that I slept at least twelve hours yesterday, and it was pretty amazing.

by Gabrielle Kai Photography

  • 1000 WordsThis is a gorgeous collaboration between two people. The premise: one takes a photo, the other writes a story of exactly one thousand words to accompany each month. There are only four stories so far, but each is lovely and well worth the time to read it. It reminds me of a book of writing prompts that I got about a year ago: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words. I've passed it on to others who like it, and if the blog tickles your fancy, perhaps the book will too! It makes me want to write again - why did I ever stop?
  • Being needed What's better, being wanted. At work for the summer reading kickoff party. At home for grilling and hot tub time. With friends, for The Tudors and and tacos. I like being needed.

by wealldo

"Here's the truth about the truth: It hurts. So we lie."

  • Enjoying outside Sunday afternoon the weather was gorgeous, so I went to sit on a gorgeous - if random - stage-like area between the art museum and the park. I sat in the sunshine with a passion tea lemonade to write in my journal and read a book and it was perfectly lovely. I'm going to do my best to enjoy the weather before it gets so hot that it just makes me sick.
  • Time alone I crave it. I love it. Perhaps I am a more solitary creature than I ever realized.
via lilihit

  • Little bits Everwood; strawberry shortcake for breakfast - so decadent, but actually not bad for me; being told I have a great ass; borrowing books; Gabrielle Kai Photography has a beautiful blog; people who want me to be happy; Notes from the Universe being weirdly pertinent to my life; learning more and more about astrology and seeing all of the ways it goes hand-in-hand with mythology; planning a photography project; being in charge because I am very good at it; finding wonderful things to add to my Netflix queue; long showers with plenty of hot water.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sizzle said...

Love this: "Here's the truth about the truth: It hurts. So we lie."

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

Watching TV on the internet, grilled steak, early move in date, everything seeming to fit into place, smiling, having the day off, knowing you're healthy!

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dollface said...

Netflix and dessert for breakfast.. nice!! xxoo

 
At 10:02 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for the weekly reminder that life is good!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I feel like I'm forced to remember what I love so much more on Thursdays (or Friday mornings, as the case may be) because of both you and Spark. I try really hard not to repeat things, but today I'm going to, so suck it.

I know you don't love it, but I love baseball. Four games in one week. And with two of those against the Cubs. Where we won. Hard. I love being at the stadium, drinking a beer (even if it gets a little warm), being around the atmosphere, hearing the crowd of more than 40000 cheering for my beloved Cards. And as much as I love them, I'm still not taking you to a game. ;)

Today so far: I got to sleep til 630 today, which for me is huge. I took my time getting ready so I'll still look pretty when I get off the plane, got to the other site and got done what I needed to, then grabbed Starbucks and turned up Paramore on my radio, belting out each song in turn while I drove into work. Paramore is great for singing to, even if her range is higher than mine. And now I have no intention of being super productive, and will probably leave early.

Sisters: Texts from one last night (while she was celebrating her 21st birthday), and a phone call to a half asleep one today. They're amazing. And one of them is moving to CollegeTown, so I fully expect you to take care of her since I won't be able to. :)

Arizona: I leave today! In like 6 hours!!

Not a lot baby girl, just a little bit: Sunshine, flip flops, late night conversations with friends, laughing with coworkers, changes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home