Thursday, July 02, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

***

  • Staying awake all night No, I wasn't out being debaucherous. I was in my own bed, watching entire seasons of Veronica Mars and enjoying the quiet. Between shifting work schedules and insomnia, the best time for sleeping has become after sunrise - and I like it.
  • Alone time It makes me happy, plain and simple. Lately I've preferred being left alone more than simply being alone, but both are worth celebrating.

***

  • Movie dates with myself I know people hate it, but it makes me happy every time. I hate sharing the armrest.

"Honesty is not synonymous with truth."
The Departed

  • Showing off my cat You've seen pictures, and Puck is a very handsome cat who is quite the curious little attention whore. Taking a 17 lb. white cat to the pet store on a leash tends to get noticed, and, quite honestly, we both love it. He gets treats and meets new friends - an encounter with an excited pug was particularly amusing - and gets to think about just how tasty all those pretty birds would be if he could only get to them. Very happy. Watching him attack the pet grass when we got home was just cake.
Something about the mock-seriousness amuses me beyond explanation.

  • This and that Watching multiple episodes of Veronica Mars in succession - she's snarky and I like it; coffee with whipped cream; mashed potatoes; pretty things on Tumblr; childrens' books that incorporate mythology - Pandora Gets Jealous is the beginning of another such series and it's cute; Sweet Tarts; finding so many things I want to read; strawberry poppyseed salad at Panera - my favorite things are always seasonal; Transformers; being handed a beer as soon as I walk in the door; Hercules; pimp kitties; work hugs; Magnetic Poetry; curls; increased sales on my staff rec; Leighton Meester and having a girl crush - sheesh I'm a nerd; wish fulfillment; the physical act of writing; Leinenkugel; rooting for the girl to be with the bad boy; the chuckle that comes when you tell someone that you named your cat Marilyn Monroe; oversized sunglasses; Reese's peanut butter cups; eating dinner outside.
This clip and the accompanying quotation:



Everyone knows you can’t choose your family but you can choose your friends. And in a world ruled by blood lines and bank accounts, it pays to have a pal. As much as a BFF can make you go WTF, there’s no denying we’d be a little less rich without them. And Serena and Blair? They do besties better then anyone. No, that’s not a tear in my eye. It’s just allergies. Without you, I’m nothing.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger Dollface said...

ooo i love things I love thurs! xxxoo

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I like to think we do besties way better than even that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home