Thursday, June 25, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

***

A new week, a new list. And this time, fortunately, I don't feel like I'm struggling against a bad mood to write it - baby steps!

  • Library There's something about the polite quiet of a library that is extremely soothing to me. I don't remember it being like this when I was younger, so maybe it's the product of two years in book retail and the constant chatter of customers. I spent part of Sunday afternoon soaking up the free air conditioning and browsing the childrens' library.

"You're a different human being to everybody you meet."
Chuck Palahniuk

  • Consistent sleep I like staying up late, and I like sleeping in. Closing all week - while not my ideal - means that I can do that to perfection. For me, there's something really soothing in sleeping while the sun is up, and doing that all week has been lovely.


  • Louise, the Adventures of a Chicken This morning at work, I helped give a store tour to a group of second graders which we followed with this story. It's a picture book, but just about right for kindergarten to second graders. Louise's adventures include pirates, a near-miss with a lion, and the emancipation of a cage of chickens. It's too cute.

"Truth is beautiful, without doubt; but so are lies."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

  • Gossip Girl I watched eight episodes, and while I haven't watched any more of season two, I have been re-watching my DVDs of season one - and loving it. I just can't figure out if I have a bigger crush on Ed Westwick or Leighton Meester.


  • Quotations Clearly I like quotes. Tumblr has made them much easier to collect and share with other people, and I've found some really lovely ones in the last week. They just make me smile.
  • Little adventures Disney movies - a kick of Mulan, Ariel, and Aurora; gifted dresses; metallic sandals; croissants with coffee; giant glasses of water; music from Gossip Girl; reading stories aloud; working with people that I am very fond of; breakfast followed by a nap; Dr. Pepper; being told that I look cute; doors; borrowed sunglasses; clean clothes; kitten snuggles; learning that the word I tweet most is "coffee"; writing wish fulfillment; Sonic; unexpected wonderfulness.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:59 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

I also really enjoy the library! I'm so happy you helped me find it... and now I have a library card! Life is wonderful!!! :)

Sorry I'm not there to make closing easier on you. It's weird that you don't like closing and I prefer it. Opening's alright too... just not at 7:30am.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

Totally with you on the library. There's almost no other place like it. It's very peaceful.

I don't even know what I love lately. rofl. Seattle was great fun. Musicals. Dreams involving Daniel Craig...

Yeah, those are all good. xD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home