Sunday, June 21, 2009

You Know You Love Me


Today, I watched eight episodes of Gossip Girl. It's one of those shows that I couldn't seem to keep up with even when I did have cable access, and by the time I felt compelled to start watching episodes again, I didn't have access. In any case, the mood was right and I had a long, empty day stretching in front of me. In watching the episodes, I have realized a few things.

First, Blair, Chuck, and Dan get all the best lines. The best puns, the best snarks. And you would think that the endless plays on the name Chuck Bass would get old, but somehow they amuse me every time.

Second, I am jealous of Blair's appearance of perfection. I'm not sure where it started, but for as long as I can remember, I have wished that I had the kind of self-control and ability to appear perfect in any situation. Because I like scapegoating today, I'll blame the Disney princesses.

Finally, I will always want the bad boy. In my own life, with Project and Hershey, who I chose over Iris and the very nice, attractive, intelligent boy I went on a date with a few weeks ago. And on television. On Gilmore Girls, I begged Rory to leave Dean for Jess - and coveted Logan. On That '70s Show, I adored the relationship between Jackie and Hyde. My short-lived interest in Dawson's Creek - in seventh grade, in my defense - led to a crush on Pacey. And, now, watching Gossip Girl, I'm very much in love with Chuck and Blair.

I would very much like to have a burlesque party, though I have a sinking feeling that it would turn into a grope-fest faster than I could say garter belt. I shall continue to live vicariously through television teenagers. And like it.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger Ann said...

If it was a weekend I was free, I would so wear a boustier to a burlesque party. For serious.

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

Sounds great to watch b2b episodes of GG.... i think its a great show!! xxoo

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

Yes, I'll have to agree with everything you said in this post. And I also wanted all of those bad boys to get the girl. Chuck is my ultimate crush, however... mmmm. I would xoxo him. :) Tee hee.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I've never watched GG. Is it really that good?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home