Thursday, July 16, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

***

Another week with a long list, simply because I like it that way lately.

Plowing through three books in a week after taking three weeks to get through another (it was non-fiction, in my defense); Gilmore Girls and their wonderful wordplay; trimming my bangs and giving myself more options; unexpected color combinations that come out wonderfully; Elsewhere and the entire concept of it in Gabrielle Zevin's book; empty house singing.***

Air conditioning; reblogging; sleeping eleven-and-a-half hours and depleting some of my sleep debt; the prospect of attending my five-year reunion on Saturday (apparently we're having a five-year - strange, right?); red fingernails; healthy pets.

***

Fantasizing; I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell movie - how did I not know that this was happening and that Matt Czuchry is playing Tucker Max?; learning about A Fine Frenzy's impending album; drinking coffee at 11:30 pm, consequences be damned; spending time wandering around the library and finding things I had forgotten that I wanted to read; doing the silly thing because it felt like the right thing; my Gossip Girl playlist in iTunes; dancing around my room like a lunatic; the return of our trash cans.

***

Finding lovely new Tumblrs to follow; deciding that I'm going to try Atlas Shrugged again (for you, Bizz darling); realizing that I'm not where I thought I would be, but being so glad that I'm not; believing that it will fall together the way that it's supposed to; anticipating the loveliness that will be the Universe dropping a laptop in, well, my lap; Bradshaw's impending visit; anticipating so many lovely things!; associating people with books and authors; writing.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just picked up "I hope they serve beer in Hell" this weekend at the bookstore. I had never heard of it but I saw it on the shelf and it looked interesting. I am halfway through it and it has me laughing out loud! Can't wait for the movie :)

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

1. I thought I'd lost TILT because I read your comment and went to find your blog and didn't see the TILT posting... I thought I was losing my mind until this morning. :)
2. Do I need to read the I hope they serve beer in hell book?
3. You're waiting for the universe to drop a laptop in your lap too? I've started saving and I know it's all going to work out! I have a new blog, Adventures in Optimism, so when you get your lap top come and write about it!
4. I miss your face.
5. I miss Gilmore Girls. TOTALLY had a dream that I was a Gilmore Girl... just hanging out with the Lorelai's. I used to dream that a lot. It was nice to have again.

XOXO.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Today I love:

Getting to drive today (it just feels like a driving type of day); drinking water after coffee; seeing an old coworker of mine; the fact that both our nails seem to be red right now; weekend plans; the Harry Potter movie, and discussing its faults; catch-up phone conversations; naps; having someone legitimately find me completely interesting; remembering my own self-worth; pay day; my Cardinals baseball playlist; Ludacris and Disturbed; perfect experiments; crossing things off my to do list; your face.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh, and the fact that two people commented right as I was. Pretty badass.

Bri, get that book immediately. I was crying the first time I read it b/c it was so damn funny.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

I hope you have better luck with Atlas Shrugged this time! :) It does take some time to really get into. And it's a bit daunting cause it's really heavy stuff (literally and figuratively, haha). But I really mean it when I say it changed how I look at life. I know a lot of people say that, and that it's sort of become almost cliche now, but it's really true. Even if you don't end up liking it, I think it's one of those books that are just good to have read, you know? To get a different point of view about government and society, even if you might not agree with it.

Okay. I'll stop now. haha. Sorry, you get me going and it's never-ending with that book. I think I might try reading it again soon. It's sad that I don't even own a copy of my favorite book. There's something wrong with that, isn't there? rofl. *knows what she's doing tomorrow*

:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home