Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cupcake and Clydesdales

Budweiser period, kittens.

In writing the rundown of my weekend with Bradshaw, I decided that I am boring. I am at peace with that.

Friday was for enormous burritos and The Office at home. Hawk, my quasi-fiancée, joined us, though he left when I mentioned that Project was planning to join us. In hindsight, I wish Hawk had stayed. Perhaps I should explain my engagement: About a year ago, Hawk learned that I bake. More specifically, he learned that one of my specialties are chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's cream cheese frosting. He proposed, and we decided that if we're both still single in five years (four, now) we'd get hitched. It's all very '90s sitcom and I like it.

Saturday morning, I dragged Bradshaw with me to a shop with cake decorating supplies. Rather, she drove me to the decorating shop and didn't complain while I looked at everything. Cookie cutters, fondant tools, sanding sugar, luster dust - and that was just the start. Be ready for sugar cookie Christmas lights and gingerbread snowflakes!

Part of what I bought. Look at those cookie cutters!

We headed to the Central West End for cupcakes at The Cupcakery, so my lunch was a yellow cupcake with chocolate buttercream frosting. Worth it.

And that evening? We watched more episodes of The Office. More specifically, we finished watching all of seasons two and three. I've decided that I want to be the Pam to someone's Jim. Not in a romantic sense though; I want to work with someone who's that much fun and amuses me that consistently.

Sunday morning was bagels, Starbucks, and the tour of the Budweiser brewery. The information about the brewing process? Honestly, nothing special. Beer is beer, even when you're picky like me. The history of the company and the brewery, however, was interesting. How they managed to survive Prohibition, the school that operated on brewery property, the inclusion of Grimm's Fairy Tale characters in their marketing and architecture - all very cool.

The end of my sample

You might think that the best part of a brewery tour is the samples at the end. Yes, those are good, but the best part of a Budweiser brewery tour is the animals. Clydesdale horses and dalmatians, kittens! And these animals live better than people I know; their stable is air conditioned and has stained glass windows. If I am reincarnated as an animal, I choose to be a cat in my mom's house or a Budweiser Clydesdale.

Blurry, I know, but do you see the window? Lucky horse. He's probably been on TV.

I'm going to say that the weekend ended there, because the nine-hour debacle that was getting home is kind of a drag.

Yes, I took the photos. That's why they are mediocre at best.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Ann said...

It was AWESOME having you here!!! Wish we could make that happen more often.

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

I think I would propose to you too, if I was young and male after the description of those cupcakes! I LOVE clydesdales!!!! They are so placid and I turn to goo whenever I see one.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger nicalyse said...

These horses see so many people I'd imagine they're even calmer than most. I'm not sure how Budweiser handles international advertising, but my favorite beer ads have always been the ones with the Clydesdales and dalmatians.

Those cupcakes ARE damn good, too. And I don't like to drink Guinness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home