Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things I Love Thursday


Cooler temperatures It's like the hideous heatwave finally broke! The nice weather probably won't last, but it's been gorgeous for the last few days. When I went outside at night, I kind of wanted - wait for it - sleeves! Excellence, especially on the heels of last week's celebration of air conditioning.

Breakfast at Tiffany's I haven't watched my favorite Audrey movie in nearly a year, and I can't remember the last time I watched it beginning-to-end instead of using it as background noise to fall asleep to. I never forget that I love it, but watching it serves as an excellent reminder. It also makes me want to wear lots of eyeliner and call everone darling.



Making plans for my weekend with Bradshaw Tomorrow afternoon I will drive four hours to spend the weekend getting into trouble with Ms. B. Of course, our biggest plan at the moment involves The Office, a couch, and potential baked goods. There's probably an old-and-boring joke in there, but there's definitely a young-and-broke explanation for it. We don't have the sort of friendship that requires entertainment; sitting on a couch with or without something to watch really is enough to get excited about.


Sprinkles on top September's issue of Vanity Fair; Leverage; delicious in-season peaches; Ellen on So You Think You Can Dance; reading in the bathtub; Christiane Amanpour with my coffee; completing the food photography project; browsing online cake decorating resources and making Grand Plans to let them take all my money this weekend; cleaning my house before I spend the weekend away - it'll be nice to come home to tidiness (this isn't done yet, but it's another Grand Plan); soap opera-style storylines - I'll never get tired of them; getting a chance to chat with "the girls" (hi, Spiff!); putting someone in her place; things that fall together with little or no effort; doing laundry, something I actually do enjoy; watching Puck and Marilyn stalk crickets across my kitchen.

original photo sources available at tumblr

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Today I love:
-the 30 Day Shred...it's beating me up, but I feel stronger. And I'm not even half way done.
-that tomorrow is Starbucks Friday
-that my nephew is going to be here SO SOON
-inappropriate conversations
-being ahead of schedule
-getting to see YOU TOMORROW!!

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

*heart* Breakfast at Tiffany's

You two have a fab weekend xo

Oh and things I loved about Thursday were:-

- starting to feel better after relapsing with my cold
- thinking about taking a few hours out on Friday to watch Sisterhood of the travelling pants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home