Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I Love Thursday


Pre-schoolers Despite yesterday's post, I had a lot of fun in my two days as a pre-school teacher. With the exception of the tantrum kid, this was a group of bright, cheerful, adorable little kids who play house and make abstract art. And not once was I annoyed by being called "teacher" instead of Ms. Nic.


Inspiration It's about effing time. And it's not just the abstract sort of inspiration I usually have; it's like the planets have finally aligned to bring it together in a way that has potential to come to fruition. I think that probably sounds cryptic. It's not meant to, I'm just really pleased.

Planning baths
You already know I'm insane and like to make plans. My parents are going to be on vacation for a couple of weeks, and that means I can take a long, hot bath whenever I want! No worrying about inconveniencing anyone or being naked when they get home. Some day, I will have a disposable income. And I will remodel the bathroom in my house so I can have a tub. I really like baths.



Being able to cook soon In the last year, I've gotten used to cooking dinner nearly every night. For the last few weeks, I've been working evenings at my parents' restaurant and either eating there or throwing together something completely weird when I get home. While they're gone, I'll get to cook again. I miss cooking. And apparently my entire TILT is going to be anticipatory.


Glitter and confetti parsnips; losing entire days to marathons on TV - this should probably annoy me, but I like it; learning about the tea party coloring book for kids - both extremely amusing and completely terrifying; actually managing to get eighteen milk cartons open without using my fingernails - I never get that lucky; being able to talk about teaching with another educator; "you dress like one of the bait girls on To Catch a Predator"; "good hair days (although, hate me if you must, I don't have a lot of particularly bad ones); the enormous chrysanthemum blooming next to my door and the lantana getting beautiful one more time; a freezer full of deliciousness; using the laptop in bed (again.); a dad who will kill the enormous wasp colonies outside my house for me; Nutella; stacks of books to read; throwing things together and getting a delicious outcome; little bits; Philippa Gregory's The Red Queen waiting to be read in my living room.

Please, lovelies, tell me what's making you smile this week!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2:12 AM, Blogger Hawk said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Hawk said...

Hot chocolate is making me smile this week, and the fact that it is cool enough to enjoy it.

You did however forget me in the things you love. I should be a mainstay.

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Today I love:
-Wearing hoodies
-Getting to see Alice in Chains tonight
-Knowing I get to sleep in at least one day this weekend
-Three bosses being gone today
-The color pink

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger nicalyse said...

Aw, Hawk. I DO love you!

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Karen said...

:O I was so busy! Let me see if my mind will extend that far!

- Glee
- Salad
_ Headphones that don't hurt whilst I work
- Asteroids because they're just COOL and explain it all without my having to try too hard
- Finding out a figure for the girl's braces and only gasping really loudly NOT passing out, even though I was shaking lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home