Monday, December 11, 2006

One Down, Three to Go

I think today was a good way to start the week. I got to sleep in a bit, which is always good and earns the alarm clock fewer “fuck you” thoughts than usual. I had an interesting call from Bradshaw, made an appointment for a check-up, and drank two cups of coffee. I had my mythology final this morning, but I wasn’t worried about it—I like mythology and it isn’t a difficult subject. I took the final in thirty minutes, got back my etiology (which she loved), and left campus.

I went to the shoe store to buy my dad’s fancy socks, then Bradshaw called again. “What are you doing?”

“Buying socks for my dad.”

“You really are a loser.”

This is why I love her.

We went to sell books back, which was both amazing and extremely disappointing. My YA lit professor, who I hate, has dropped half of her books, making about $100 in young adult novels completely worthless to me. On the plus side, I got $70 from other texts. We took our textbook money and got lunch at Jimmy John’s, where we ogled Hot Delivery Boy and picked the excess sprouts from our sandwiches.

After lunch, I went to finish my Christmas shopping. I had to find something for my Secret Santa for work back home, a woman my mom’s age who loves Elvis. I went to one of the stores that carries nothing but tacky decorating stuff and found a tin lunch pail with the King himself all over it. I went to Wicks ‘n’ Sticks to get a couple of candles to put inside (Yankee Candle’s Christmas Cookie), and I might have snagged one for myself (Jack Frost, my new favorite candle scent).

A final stop at the candy store to get a bag of banana Runts for Mickey’s three-year-old and I was off. I’ve spent the rest of my afternoon procrastinating instead of writing my 6-8 page critical essay.

So one final down, one paper to write, one presentation, and three tests to go. Let’s fast-forward through Tuesday and Wednesday. Any takers?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, you are so productive. I havent even started thinking about what I'm going to get people yet. Bah. Hope your essay went well though. I turned mine in today and did a nic dance! :) Yay for no more school!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home