Monday, May 26, 2008

Meet the Players

This is an update on my old "Cast of Characters." After a year, there are some new people and some people that I don't care about any more.

Nic That's me! I am very short and very loud to make up for it. I have the degree to teach high school English, but I have no job. I work at Giant Bookstore.

Bradshaw The best friend. She lives three hours away in St. Louis, much to my chagrin. She is fantastic and we love her.

Gallagher A girl I work with who I've been spending increasing amounts of time with. Our best times come when alcohol is involved.

Guy From Work (GFW) He just moved, so he probably won't appear a lot, but he's been rather important to me as of late.

Racer Boy My 6'7" guy friend. He's very chill, which makes him pretty fantastic in my book.

Dread Still very tall, very big, and would crush someone if I said the word. We like that.

Tall Girl We worked together, but she's moving to Kansas City. Whether she's here or not, I heart her.

B. Another guy from work (seeing the theme, right?). He is my parents' age, but he's cool and we have some pretty good conversations in the parking lot.

Hot Coffee Boy (HCB) The barrista at the Starbucks I went to every morning for the four months I student taught. I learned his name, but I still call him HCB. To everyone. All the time. I am not allowed to patronize that particular Starbucks unless I look hot.

Giant Bookstore (and associates) The place and the people are likely to be referenced often since I'm there a lot. The five managers are Speedy (because he sneaks up on me), Schizo (because she is), Mr. Chill (because he is), Bubbles (a ditz if I've ever seen one in charge of something), and J (who is my favorite and doesn't have to have a disparaging nickname).

These are the major players in my life. Some other major locations will appear (The Pub. Gallagher's Apartment. Starbucks.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home