Thursday, June 05, 2008

Mission: Completed

Tuesday nights at the Piano Bar become a tradition for most people* here in college town immediately following their twenty-first birthday for one significant reason: There is no cover charge on Tuesday nights. Gallagher and I - with some friends - decided that Tuesday night was the perfect sort of evening for P Bar.



Before leaving, my friend Bizz in Arizona** told me that my goal for the evening was to take a photo of the least attractive person in the bar. I believe I succeeded, though the quality of the photo is questionable.


Before he moved back to his hometown, GFW has been going out with Gallagher and I on an extremely regular basis. As in, at least three times a week the three of us were drinking together. (This is making Nic sound like an alcoholic.) As a result, any time I'm out drinking with Gallagher, I think about him. And, since I am a bit fond of him,*** I miss him. I texted him to tell him so.

The next three hours I turned into the texting whore of the group. It was the sort of texts that lead to something...when the person you're texting isn't two hours away. All reception in the bar went to hell when the tornado sirens started going off outside. While I was being a text-whore, Gallagher flirted with the bartender to get us all free drinks. In turn, I became very intoxicated.

Oh yes. Tornado sirens. Do you think anyone in the bar was aware of these? Of course they were. The real question: Did they care? Nope. Not even a little bit. Why worry about a tornado when there is piano music and lots of free alcohol?
*The ones who want to have fun. Why, yes, I am judgmental!
**Also known as "some girl in Arizona."
***I'm more than a bit fond of him....

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*dies*

That photo is awesome. Though, to be fair, the ugly person idea was not mine. But I'll be happy to take credit. xD

And dude, yikes, those drinks look girly and therefore dangerous. I have no trouble believing you were 'very intoxicated.' None at all.

Love the fact that no one cared about the tornadoes. That's hilarious. If that happened here, everyone would go APESHIT. But you people are just like, "Tornadoes? FUCK tornadoes! Let's drink!"

Bad ass.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home