Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Tidbits

I just discovered a Sonic that is a mere ten minutes from my apartment that is open twenty-four hours a day. Twenty-four hours! The only thing that could be better than this is a twenty-four hour Starbucks. Which would also probably lead to me never sleeping again.

Friday's release party was a hit. Many books were sold, I was only mildly concerned about teenage girls pushing me off the chair I was standing on, and I got paid quite a lot to be there. There are hilarious photos all over Facebook.

I just read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society and fell in love. It's fabulous. After Breaking Dawn and this, I'm completely bored by the book I've been reading (see the sidebar, kittens). I keep looking for things that are really compelling, and I keep striking out. I find it annoying.

I genuinely wish that I liked the flavor of tea, because I think it would be good for me to drink it before bed. As a kind of ritual. The only time I've managed to make myself drink tea, it was a vanilla-infused black tea that I sweetened with honey and drank only because I could feel myself getting sick and was willing to fight it any way I could. I also spent those four days
taking cold medicine and ibuprofen, sleeping as much as possible, and wearing flats.

I know that the previous paragraph is very poorly written. In fact, I bet the entire post is. But I am both too tired and too complacent to do anything about it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

Twenty-four hour Sonics are made of awesome. You're lucky.

You should try reading Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. *nods* It's mostly in the perspective of a nine year boy and it's hilarious and heartbreaking and wonderful and unique stylistically. It also goes into the perspective of his Grandfather a bit, who was in Dresden when it was bombed, and that part is really interesting (and of course completely sad). I think you might like it though. It's definitely different, but that's what I love about it. And it has pictures! :D

I wish I liked tea too. I can drink green tea and sometimes I'll have it cause I know it's really good for me. I don't mind the taste, but it's not something I drink and say "yum!" ya know? But it's alright. Obviously it has nothing on coffee though.

Mmmm....coffee.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I should never have let you send me those books. 1am last night! I got up at 5! I. Am. Dead. Kind of. That would make the posting of this comment mildly awkward.

Sleep is good, is my point. You should do that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home