Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Separating Myself

I learned something today. I find it very difficult to separate myself emotionally from a situation when I cannot separate myself from it physically. Work was making me crazy, and I was upset until I got out of the store for lunch. I need to figure out how to separate my emotions from my physical presence.

Maybe this is why it's a good idea to avoid people who are bad for me rather than simply trying to control myself. Or, when I am arguing with myself intellectually about someone that I am physically attracted to, perhaps I should put myself near them.

That's the dirty version of what I learned in action though. Thoughts?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:04 AM, Blogger Ann said...

What if the people you're attracted to are bad for you? If you are arguing about whether or not they're bad for you, is it smart to put yourself near them? That seems counterintuitive.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Getting away from the source of the frustration/annoyance/irritation/stress can help bring perspective. I certainly need that from time to time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home