Monday, April 27, 2009

Running Errands

Today was a day of consumption, kittens. It was weird to have a Monday off work - that hasn't happened in quite some time - but I decided to make the most of it. I slept in, and the last two pieces of furniture that belonged to the girl who lived in this room before have finally been picked up, so I can arrange things in a way that is more what I like. This makes me happier than I even realized it would. First I'm going to vacuum and organize some things, which I've been feeling compelled to do lately.

I needed to go to the bank, I got some coffee at work (because there was none in the house, which was really not okay), and headed to Target. I bought a way-cute pair of wedges, Across the Universe, and a string of really cute lantern lights to decorate the little patio outside my window. Then I headed to Wal-Mart for groceries and flowers - which are way too pretty to explain. While the lady was checking me out, I realized how insane my purchases seemed. Potting soil, plants, pots, two quarts of motor oil, a package of men's tank tops (for layering), baby wipes (to remove makeup), and assorted grocery items. To her credit, she didn't comment.

It's raining, or else I would transfer the plants into their new homes. I suppose that can wait until tomorrow. I had a lovely little turkey sandwich on fresh French bread for dinner, and now I am going to grab my umbrella and head downtown to meet Spark at the Roommate's restaurant for tiramisu and maybe a tipple*. And I think tonight, I will sleep better knowing that things are back in the places that they are meant to be.

*This is on the short list for my new favorite words.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger Ann said...

You were vacuuming when I called, and your return text would have woken me up if I hadn't had it on silent. Either way, I'm glad your afternoon was productive. Very much not how mine went, but that's ok.

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Tipple. Great word. I've been hanging around my Grandma a lot lately and now I'm saying Piddle. As in "Oh piddle, I just dropped my sunglasses." Or "I really need to piddle so open the bathroom door."

Yeah I'm classy like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home