Thursday, May 07, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


I heart Thursdays. And since I forgot today was Thursday until about five minutes ago, getting to write this is like a lovely surprise!

  • Used books I have a bit of a confession. Back before I had access to the wonders of Giant Bookstore (aka, back when I was in high school), the vast majority of my book shopping had to be done at WalMart - in a town twenty miles from mine. As a result, I was well aware of the wonders of the mass market paperback romance. My favorite, due to the fact that she does have writing skill, was Nora Roberts. Even now, I harbor a bit of love for it, though I'm compelled to pick up a romance novel far less often. But Friday morning I spent four hours at work playing around with romance titles, and my brain began to get a little itchy for a bit of harmless, fairly simple fun. But I'm simply not willing to spend the little disposable income I have on trashy books (not with gems like The Last Olympian, Snoop, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and Testimonysitting there, begging for purchase). And so I spent at hour and eleven dollars in a used bookstore on a Nora Roberts 3-in-1 trade paperback, a perfect copy of The Reader, and Bridge to Terabithia. I read the romance over the weekend and it was worth every mindless moment.
  • Sleeping during the day After my bookstore adventure on Friday, I decided to take a long nap. It was storming and therefore very dim and rumbly in our house, which was perfect for snuggling with the cats and dozing. It's been too long since I had a chance to do that.
  • Astrology Yes, I've said it before. I borrowed a huge, fabulous book from work that I've been going through for about a week. Information about where each planet was and how they were related when I was born, plus some more general information that I can apply to people I know - happy. Roomie and I are both Aries with a Gemini rising, which is probably the reason that we get along; the fact that I know that both delights me and makes me want to roll my eyes a little. It's a phase, yes, but a fun one!
via Stationary Fetish

  • Hobby Lobby dates with Spark We met after work on Tuesday and spent a good chunk of time meandering, choosing fabrics and molesting yarn and finding adorable iron-on transfers for me to embroider. I also purchased a pink ink pad, an adorable rubber stamp, and 3x3 notecards that fit into little vellum envelopes to make happiness greetings for others. Once I get around to it, I'll take a photo and show you. They're painfully cute. Spark is going to make me one of her lovely bags (black and white damask lined in bright pink twill) which I'm very excited about, and I bought crinoline ladies to put on tea towels. I could seriously be a great homemaker if that was the path I chose.

  • Hot tub anticipation Roommate bought a hot tub! Once it arrives and is set up, we're throwing a luau, which I already know is going to be a ball. I am a devoted lover of baths, and since having a roommate I haven't really been able to bathe in the way that I prefer (very long, with candles and bubbles and a book). I'm looking forward to the opportunity to sit in the hot tub for an hour or two and read a great book.
  • This and that the smell of onions on a pizza; sweet tea vodka and lemonade (vodka! me!); walkthroughs on YouTube; pretty paper to hang on the wall; insane shopping lists; Sex and the City; new pink Moleskines; homemade postcards; red jackets; regaining composure; wearing sandals; gorgeous flowering bushes in our front yard; chicken nuggets with hoisin sauce; free drinks (must love bartender roomie); feeling less; talking about a passion for books; being given a position where I won't have to count; white chocolate; remembering the recycling; anigurumi; thinking about what people know I know (that sounds vain, and it probably is); the silly that comes when you try setting people up; pink chopsticks; the flowers on the patio; attic fan; pretty to do lists; piles of things to read.

What's rocking your awesome, kittens?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

My loves: TILT, Eureka, Food, Crafting, Smiling, Desiring to be with another person, messy hair after putting it in a pony tail to dry following a lovely shower, working out at 9am, spending every minute of my day doing something instead of wasting it.

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Spiff said...

I haven't been on time for a TILT in ages! I have so much to love this week too. So here it goes: vacations, seeing old friends, meeting new people, playing drinking games with newer friends, letting my guard down, having dreams about Monty, finally letting go of how I felt about Holmes, cruises, owning my own business, Sara Bareilles, getting new music from friends, knowing I am seeing Sara Bareilles in concert next week, spring rain, tropical alcoholic drinks, poolside suntanning, inside jokes, and this list could continue forever...

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Logically I know I have a lot to contribute for this. Emotionally, I'm a tad drained right now and it's more tough to list things than it should be. I'll give it a try.

Baseball games in spectacular seats; beaches; benefits; new apartments; changes; quiet offices; anticipation; trivia nights; new forms of swearing.

And I do love all those. But right now I need a hug.

And your face.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

I love Sex and the city more than anything... i read my horoscope everyday and love love love your post xxxoo

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

Summer blockbusters, writing, making fun of ridiculously dumb TV shows with my brother, pretty music, and upcoming trips.

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home