Thursday, August 07, 2008

Tipsy Hooray

I am consistently surprised by the reactions that I get when I'm out in public.

Tuesday night, I left work with a very specific goal in mind: To get a bit drunk while eating a pizza. Since the only liquor that was in my apartment at the moment was half a fifth of Bailey's*, I made a quick trip to the liquor store.

Since I had been at work, I was dressed reasonably well. I had jerked off my sweater as soon as I exited the building, so the white-embroidered, spaghetti-strapped black dress was a wee bit suggestive, but considering that it was 100 degrees in August, I didn't think anything of it. Apparently I wasn't properly considering the fact that I was entering and establishment run by an all-male staff. I could feel their eyes on me as I crossed the store, going to the refrigerated case that held the oh-so-tasty hard cider.

"Is that all for you?" the (male) cashier asked when I placed my six-pack on the counter.
"Yes, sir," I replied. There was a moment of banter in which he said that being called sir made him feel old and I explained that it's really just me being polite. Come on, I was raised in the pseudo-South.

I paid with cash, and I was slipping the change into my wallet, I could feel his eyes travel to my cleavage. Not that there was much to see. "You have a safe night, ma'am."

My thoughts went immediately to ew, though I simply thanked him and exited the store. The exchange left me wondering if dresses are really that compelling. Or is it a hint of cleavage, no matter how small, that makes men behave in such a way? Or have I absolutely unknowingly become more attractive than I realize? While I find it unlikely, I am willing to accept the theory.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. I got my pizza, made it home, and was tipsy after one bottle. This made me text co-workers and use the word "hooray" copiously.

*Which screams to be mixed with my coffee every single morning.

2 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Drunkass.

You're hot. That with the cleavage. No matter the size, guys will look.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

*seconds Bradshaw*

Nic is smexy. xD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home