Sunday, November 21, 2010

Truth Project: Five

Something you hope to do in your life.

I kind of find this prompt absurd. Doesn't everyone have an enormous list of things they want to do and see and accomplish? Mundane, special, unrealistic, nearly inevitable, nearly impossible?

I want to inspire someone to change her life. I want to finish a novel and be published. I want to be recognized as an excellent baker. I want to actually manage to keep my house clean. I want to have a library in my home. I want to remodel my bathroom so I have a tub. I want to be seen as an excellent teacher. I want to live up to expectations. I want to have my name on a plaque as a major donor to my local library. I want to finish reading Atlas Shrugged. I want to go to England and explore by myself. I want to be in love with someone without it being a tragedy. I want to figure out how to have perfect skin. I want to teach mythology. I want to build a perfect wardrobe. I want to be a New York Times bestseller. I want to grow masses of tulips and hydrangeas. I want to decorate my house so that it looks like me when you walk in. I want to make the right decisions about marriage and children. I want to build a reality that's better than my fantasies.

I want to be half as wonderful as my grandma was. Just half as wonderful would be enough.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I thought the same thing, but I like your list. Lots. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home