Sunday, November 28, 2010

Truth Project: Seven

Someone who has made your life worth living for.

I don't like this. The only person who can make your life worth living is you, and when you start relying on others for your purpose, it's only a matter of time before it falls apart.

So instead, I choose to write about someone who has made my life better for being in it.

Not everyone is lucky enough to have good parents. My mom was one of those people who grew up with a terrible mother, and that's something she still carries with her. As much as she's moved past it, it's still there. She was, however, lucky enough to have an amazing grandmother, my Grandma. I'm grateful to Grandma for being who she was for me, but even more for being who she was for my mom. She made my mom the woman she is.

More than I love my mom, I sincerely like her. I feel lucky to be friends with my mom, because I know how selective she is with her friends. It's pretty great.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I definitely like your mom a lot. She's fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home