Friday, December 22, 2006

Missing in Action, You Say?

Indeed, missing in action. While I wouldn't exactly call it being sick, I've felt like shit for the last few days. I'm going to blame it on Bradshaw.

Right before I left College Town for home, she came down with a flu and a head cold that she got from two of her roommates. Since I typically have a fantastic immune system (to go with my iron stomach and nearly un-bruise-able* skin), I didn't worry about it. I should have.

Tuesday, everything I ate made me just a little bit nauseous. Not enough to make me stop eating, but enough to make me think about it. When I got home from work that night it was worse, so I went to bed early for me.

Wednesday, I woke up. I wandered through the house for an hour. I took a two-hour nap. I spent my day lying on the couch, watching Gilmore Girls DVDs and wondering at the fact that I had absolutely no appetite. Took an hour nap. Greeted the parents when they returned from last-minute Christmas shopping. Ate chicken soup. Took a three hour nap. Watched TV. Went to bed.

I woke up yesterday and thought that I felt fine. It was my parents' anniversary, so my mom made up a story that led to my dad not working and them eating dinner in a city far bigger than Small Town. That left Mickey and I in charge of the restaurant, nothing we can't handle.

Until Nic over-exerts herself and almost passes the fuck out.

Twice.

That's right, once I got to work and starting moving around, I realized just how shitty I still felt. My back hurt, I still had absolutely no desire to even look at food (a hazard when working at a restaurant), I was weak, and the more over-heated I got, the dizzier I got. After the second time I almost passed out, I went to sit in the back and didn't do another single thing the rest of the night but whine about how shitty I felt. I came home, forced myself to eat something (fighting nausea with every bite), and then felt fine.

Well, fuck.

So now, as I type this, I feel fine. I'm going to try to work tonight, although the fact that I still have no appetite doesn't bode well for the evening.

Again: Fuck.

*That's right, I made up a word. Deal with it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww!! Nic that totally sucks. :( I hope you're feeling better and have gotten back your appetite. I hate getting sick. I usually never do either, but when it does happen it's awful. I haven't been feeling 100% lately either. Damn weather....

 
At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIICCCCCCCC!!!!!!!!! I have been wondering where you have been for the last couple of days! I feel absolutely horrible that you are sick. I always used to get very sick during the holidays, which led to me not enjoying Christmas as much as I should! Anywho, hope you feel much better, and if I don't get to talk to you, have a Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home