Monday, December 18, 2006

Proof That Nic is an Obsessive, Over-Analytical Freak

Let me preface this by reminding you that I overanalyze things a lot. A lot.

I finally burned some of the music that’s been sitting in my computer forever the other day, including Something Corporate’s Leaving Through the Window. I was listening to the song “Drunk Girl” and was suddenly struck with a thought: Is this how K felt that Friday Night when I called him?

I’m fully aware that I would not have gone home with just anyone. In fact, I’ve never left a party with someone I didn’t know pretty well and I’m almost certain that I never will. I texted him while I was just tipsy, and while I was certainly drunk when I went to his apartment, that wasn’t why I went. But does he know that?

I mentioned that the boy had no initiative because he never even tried to kiss me, and I’ve been sort of torn about that ever since. Was he being a good guy and not taking advantage of a drunk girl on his couch? Or was he just to afraid to make a move? Past events lead me to believe that he was afraid, but, yet again, maybe I’m reading too much into it.

Was it wrong of me to call someone while I was drinking? Was it wrong of me to go home with him? I went home with him because he’s a good guy and I think there’s potential there—but does he know that?

Who else thinks this post makes me sound like an obsessive freak? I certainly do

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been in the guy's shoes on this sort of occasion a couple of times, and I always felt guilty about taking advantage of someone who was tipsy - unless I knew beyond the proverbial shadow that she would have felt the same sober.

That's a tough call, and I can see why you might obsess. I'd offer that you might not want to read too much into his actions until you can get a better idea of what he was thinking.

 
At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't actually heard that song... but you are definitely observant...

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, I love that song. You already knew this, but I love it so much I had to point it out again. :P Second of all, I totally understand what you're saying. I overanalyze EVERYTHING. I cant even begin to tell you how much trouble its got me into either. But I think a little overanalyzation is normal. And it's DEFINITELY normal to call someone when you're tipsy. And you sound like you trust him, so going over there wasn't wrong in my opinion. I would tell you to just try not to think about it so much, but that would be extremely hypocritical of me since I've been in similar situations and continued to overanalyze them even when I knew I shouldnt. But communication is key....Maybe you should talk to him about it. You never know. It could solve a lot of issues. *shrug*

And you are not a freak. Well, not a big one anyway...lol. ;)

*goes off to listen to Drunk Girl*

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger nicalyse said...

DJ: You're right. I asked a couple of guy friends, and they said they would have done the same thing that K did. I just think too much.

Shona: It might have something to do with my love of the song and the fact that I've listened to it about eight times in the last week....

Scrib: So I'm a little freak?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home