Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


Mmm, things I love! I'm so full of happy love this week!

  • Spring The tree outside my window is blooming, things are getting green, I've spent three straight days hanging out on the porch with the kitties - spring is totally in the air. Today I bought an exfoliating scrub to prepare for showing more skin and browsed some of the spring dresses. Spring also brings my birthday - in just over a week - which means I get at least one day of a free pass to do whatever I like. I have no plans yet, but I foresee at least a couple of drinks and me wearing something painfully cute.
  • Cupcakes and parties Spark hosted a St. Pat's party on Saturday night, and it was quite the hit. Friday night we made our cupcakes, which turned out amazingly and got tons of compliments, even though they weren't anything special. (I think people just love cupcakes.) There were many drinks, lots of pictures, and tons of laughs. It felt really good to have fun without expectation weighing me down or feeling like the people around me sucked.

"If you want to know where your heart is, look where your mind wanders." -
  • My hair I got it cut and colored yesterday, as I mentioned, and it makes me incredibly happy. More red than before, especially in the sunlight, and a bit darker. It's lighter and the layers are cleaner and it's just the kind of change that I wanted. Plus, it was less expensive than I had anticipated!
  • Positivity I'm not perfect, but I have definitely improved since I started my attempts. I'm more content and I find myself more tolerant of others than I was six months ago. My patience, while still in short supply, is growing. I feel like great things are coming soon.
  • Odds and ends clean towels; American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld; Easter candy; sleep masks - shout out to Bizz; steak dinners; Irish beer; cute new underoos; scheduling changes; hilarious pictures; quotations; potato soup; watching the kitties enjoy the outdoors; sleeping without the space heater; smiles that go to your eyes; French toast and bacon; happy coincidences; being able to buy an identical pair of shoes in a child's size for five dollars less; helpful boys; tiny shreds of self-control; impending lilacs; eyeliner; info day; direct deposit tax refund; long lists.

What oh what is ringing your bell this week? (Please note that I said what, not who. Though if who is a good story, I want to know that too.)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

I love that you are so happy today. Love this blog as well! I have been following it and I cant wait to read all the creative posts and fun pictures you post. I am a huge quote girl as well, and I have been sending some of your lovier ones to my bf, hope to see you on my blog soon, xoxo

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

Oh man! I did love those cupcakes! They were delicious! I am very glad that you had a good day yesterday and got to see your parents! That's so awesome! And all the things you love on this fine Thursday are great! I love the things listed on my site. :)

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Things I love today:

Sleeping in: Granted, I wasn't supposed to and ended up at work 2 hours late (which got me here at quarter after 8...awesome), but there's just something about being able to see the sun before work that puts me in a good mood. That and not one single person noticed I got here late.

Peanut butter chocolate Chex mix: Do I really need to explain?

Having something to do today: Sitting around gets old really quickly.

March/Fug Madness: If I beat my uncles again this year in March Madness, I will gloat like crazy. You still haven't sent me your Fug bracket. Mine's filled out. It's fun.

Having plans every weekend from now until June: And I mean every weekend. This is preferable to wondering when I'm going to see someone besides coworkers. Today I have like three different things I could do and I'm having trouble deciding. But I love that.

Making my blog public again: Somehow I'm not concerned about Chevelle. At all. She's the reason it went private, but you know, she'll deal. My life, my blog, eff anyone who has a problem.

Honorable mentions: G2 Gatorade (tasty with less calories? Excellent); trivia nights; coffee; reading; baseball's Opening Day; my zune; feeling pretty.

I miss your face.

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Ann said...

OH! And I totally saw "fuck" in the mid-blog picture. :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger nicalyse said...

You're supposed to, sillyface!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

I saw love. Like, really, really, really saw it and had to squint to figure out what the hell the other one was. I explain this by admitting I am a stupid girl who happens to be a stupid romantic who is stupid.

Things I love: new music I can feel in my bones, snuggling with my kitty, getting to go see Rent on Sunday (THIRD ROW ZOMG), and an unexpected trip to Chicago I'll be taking in two weeks. I've never been! I'm stoked.

Now I want cupcakes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home