Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things I Love Thursday



Again again! I admit, sometimes when I write these, it is a bit of a struggle (because I write it all at once rather than as the week progresses and sometimes I'm not in a great mood when I start), but today's is excellently easy. On we go!

  • Vacation It's finally here and I'm in love. I'm house-sitting for my parents here in Small Town, which means that I don't have to talk to anyone unless I choose to contact them. No waking up early to go to work, no rude customers, and no books with Mark Levin or Ann Coulter or W.E.B. Griffin staring at me from the covers. I don't have to leave the house, which means that I don't have to put on makeup, fix my hair, or wear real clothes (including a bra). My mother gave me money for groceries and incidentals, I bought some Blue Moon and discovered tequila and margarita mix in the fridge, and I have every intention of sleeping in and taking naps. And, also...

  • Kittens One of my parents' indoor-outdoor cats had a litter when she was indoors. Four kittens, all girls, three white and a calico. Two of them have already been adopted out (unless one of you lovelies want a white kitten), but for now I just get to play with them. They're at that great, fun age where all they do is play and nap.



  • Cupcakes I linked a recipe in the Link Share to Chocolate Guinness cupcakes - which I baked that afternoon. I made the frosting with Bailey's and cream cheese and I would show you pictures if I was on my own computer (alas). They were absolutely delicious. The recipe made almost three dozen cupcakes, so I delivered them to Roomie at work and shared with her boss and male co-workers - which made me extremely popular. I also took a plate to Giant Bookstore and handed them out. The recipe has been shared with one co-worker and, obviously, my blog, but otherwise I'm going to keep it to myself. I like this baking stuff.

  • Books I'm here for a week. I've borrowed many, many DVDs, and while I'm excited about all of them (as I said), I'm more looking forward to reading all of the books I have here. I just read The Demigod Files, a quasi companion to the Percy Jackson books. I also borrowed Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, which I've heard good things about. I love books.



  • Kit and caboodle steak burritos; planning the book discussion; saying it out loud; Vanity Fair; $2 beers; allowing endings; free mascara sample; movie planning; fancy television; frozen pizza; picking daffodils; fancy cereal on sale; cashmere sweaters; radio stations that have less commercials when I happen to be driving; the promise of a dog to borrow; browsing Sephora with Spark; Tudors night; King Boo and lumas; bathtime; lovely pictures; beautiful smiles.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

YAY! I'm so jealous!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Today, like you, is nearly too easy.

Starbucks: I usually don't splurge and get Starbucks during the week, instead choosing to just get free coffee here. But, I felt like it today and my latte is more glorious than I remember. What is it about coffee before work that makes it just taste better than on a weekend afternoon?

Sisters: All of them, in one place, for the first time in almost two years....today. Like in less than 12 hours. I am honestly considering skipping a meeting because one, it sounds boring anyway, and two, well, SISTERS.

Yoplait whips: Ok, so this is going to make me sound insane, but well, I am. Anywhoozle, I love yogurt anyway, but these things are AMAZING. Fluffy. Fluffy yogurt. How did they do it? And why is it always impossible to get every last bit of it out of the container? Yum raspberry.

Lunch dates: Especially when I get out of work AND get to see old friends.

Kit and caboodle: No, just those words. I like it. Kit and caboodle. Just rolls off the tongue. Kit and caboodle. Fun to say, fun to type, fun to spell.

Misc: Sunny days; my mom's BBQ; vacation pay that I didn't know was coming; baseball games; Sephora (yeah, I went this week too); pictures of my family; my 10 day drinking streak sans hangovers (Yes, how awesome is that? And yes, I'll be stopping today); return text messages from the radio DJ; and YOU (for reelz, dude).

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Ann said...

OH! (I seem to remember these things after I've already commented. Bet it makes you feel special to see so many comments show up at once. I know I do.)

So, yeah, when I first opened your site, the picture at the top looked like a bunch of condoms to me. I had to look closely to figure out what the hell they actually were. I wonder what this says about me.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

Watching movies in bed, moving forward one step at a time, having opinions and not being ashamed of them, dreams that make me smile when I remember them later in the day for no apparent reason at all, getting my cat to begin making friends with the new little guy, and knowing I have an endless supply of books waiting to be read and loved.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Sadako said...

I love kittens and cupcakes, too.

And that picture--did not think it was condoms, but it's very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home