Thursday, April 09, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


Happy Thursday! Yesterday wasn't so hot, and my mornings have been rather awful, but I still have tons of stuff to be happy about!

  • Full weekends Friday was spent buying pretty earrings, eating pizza and chocolate fondue, and falling asleep reading. Saturday was drinks with excellent people, a concert that was better than I expected, and getting my way - even if it didn't end beautifully. Sunday evening was pizza with Roomie and Spark while watching The Tudors - which almost got its own bullet, I swear. Love. I got to sleep in and read things and watch things and be with lovely people. And that chocolate fondue was really good.
  • Beautiful books I had read an article about Gayle Forman's If I Stay on The Daily Beast, and I had been looking forward to it. It snuck into the store without me realizing it, but after reading the first 40 pages on my lunch break, I had to buy it. I brought it home last night and was finished two hours later. There's a lot of heavy stuff involved, and it definitely isn't a light read, but I found a hopefulness in it and it's written beautifully. Strongly recommended! (Thoughts about Nic reviewing books? I may bring this up again.)


  • Girl movies Now, there are classics that are girl movies but every man should be watching and taking notes on. For example, Sabrina can show you how not to treat a girl. Breakfast at Tiffany's can teach you how to deal with someone who's a bit off and how to love the quirky girl. Roman Holiday teaches men to always pretend they are Gregory Peck. I digress, though I see something fun coming from that rambling in the future.... I also saw Mama Mia! this weekend and the second Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants movie. I have a crush on Dominic Cooper and I adore Alexis Bledel, so it was a great movie weekend.
  • Cooking for others Monday afternoon I decided on a whim to cook Asian. Spark and her boy were the only ones able to attend, so the three of us feasted. Dumplings made with turkey sausage dipped in hoisin, seasame noodles with cilantro and cucumber, and strawberry sorbet floats. It was delicious, I had leftovers for dinner on Tuesday, and I'm totally making them again. I'll plan ahead so I'm cooking for more than three people and I won't forget the sugar snap peas.


(via i Heart it)

  • Bits of love pinwheels; conditioning myself to fall asleep to the smell of aromatherapy spray; impending vacation; planning a cupcake adventure; King Boo; going for pizza; knowing stuff and being called wonderful; that the proper sticker placement is on Levin's face; passion tea lemonade; sweet, glorious caffeine; i Heart It; tonight's full moon; deciding to go for it; Twitter love - hello, blog friends!; nostalgic junk food; laughing for no particular reason; space heater; movies to drown things out; skipping the awful parts of movies; hoisin sauce - so good, how did I not know about it before?; Percy Jackson book discussion coming up; the chance to use the sleep mask this weekend; looking way cute on Saturday; handmade earrings; excellent hugs; singing Regina Spektor really loud in the car; breakfast bagels; reading Vanity Fair in bed; the elephant at the top of this post - he just makes me smile.
What's buttering your biscuit today, kittens?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, Blogger Spiff said...

Things I love today: having the inspiration to finally write a blog post I haven't yet been able to spit out. Finding new websites that I fucking adore. Buying new checks. The colors that sunsets and sunrises make. Falling for a boy just because he has cute dimples. Mexican food. Making cupcakes for work and being complimented all day long. Sunshine. One less day until I head to Mexico. Most of all though, the feeling that I about ready to embark on the biggest adventure of my life.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

I love... 1. Full weekends. 2. People saying that you're scary and knowing that we're good friends. 3. Roommates leaving... rephrase roommate leaving. 4. Holiday pay in may. 5. Dumplings. Yum.

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I love:

The phrase "buttering your biscuit"; the posting on craigslist for a 'gun cabnit'; talking to my sister; big, big plans for the weekend; Sprite for a hangover cure; having a reason for a hangover during the week; coworker's wives (or, wife, as the case may be).

And cookies.

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

I love that you are in a better mood.. and that photo of the two under the umbrella omg. i want it!!! do u know where i can get it?! And I love Mama Mia and fondue.. awww.. hope u have a great weekend! xxooo

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

Watermelon slices, blasting my BAMF playlist in the car, playing the shit out of Mario on Nintendo DS, and finally having a sleeping schedule that isn't totally whacked.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love TILT even if I'm reading it on a Monday. In fact, it makes my Monday a lot better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home