Thursday, March 26, 2009

Things I Love Thursday


Muahahahaha, another week, more things to love! Including laughing like a monster.
  • Exfoliation This seems like a trivial sort of thing, but if your skin was as soft as mine is right now, you would be saying the same thing. I've never had terribly dry or rough skin, but when I went to the mall last week, I picked up two aromatherapy scrubs, one for every day and one for weekly use. I don't know if anyone but me would notice the difference, but I can tell and it's fabulous. It makes me want to put on a floaty dress and prance around in the sunlight (with sunscreen). Or sleep naked between clean sheets. Or rub up against someone. You know.
  • Cupcakes Tonight, I baked. Lemon cupcakes with white frosting, decorated with clear sugar sprinkles and lemon drop jelly beans. They are too cute and quite tasty. I might post pictures, but I'm awfully behind on my picture posting lately, so we'll see.
  • Astrology I'm in another phase - because we're in the astrological new year, people, and in my sign - and I'm still as completely fascinated as I've been. It's one of those things that I can never fully commit to, because I start to get bored, but I can never completely walk away from it. Right now, I feel very much like I should embrace my playful Aries nature and my willingness to ask for what I want and, well...playfully ask for what I want.
  • Lifted weights It wasn't a big thing, not even worth mentioning, but it's all done and it makes me feel good. I cannot think of a single negative thing that is hanging over my head right now, and that feels fantastic.
  • Spring Leaving for work yesterday morning, I saw that a cluster of hyacinths has sprung out of the ivy in our front yard. I plucked a single blossom from the stalk and carried it with me to work, demanding that everyone I encountered smell it. It was lovely and it makes me excessively happy.
  • This and that fashion blogs that suit my style; documentaries that force you to question your beliefs; aromatherapy room spray to help me sleep; Breakfast at Tiffany's - oh yes, I'm there again; Polyvore - I'm in another phase with it too, and it's addictive; pink toes; babies; naturally antibacterial stuffed animals made from bamboo; batteries; walking a dog; the clothes dryer; greeting card stash; closet discoveries; well-behaved felines; feeling him there; night showers; giving great hugs.
We've all been told that it's polite to share - so share, damn it! Please. Thank you!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

Awesome. I am already craving those cupcakes, wanting to make another polyvore collage, pick flowers or at least buy them for my room and youre quotes and photos are hysterical!! I hope you stop by mine as well, xoxo

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Exfoliation is never trivial. At least not for someone with severely dry skin. I also love thick, rich moisturizers that last more than 2 minutes. And more lip glosses than I will ever be able to use.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home