Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wearing Yesterday's Dress

When I woke up this morning, in a bed that wasn't my own, curled up next to someone that I also cannot call my own, my first thought was something along the lines of, I should probably feel bad about this. Instead of entertaining that thought, I sat up and looked around for the black dress that had to be somewhere in the room.

Starving and feeling like being a nice girl, I pulled a teal cardigan over the black dress and tiptoed out of the apartment to get breakfast. I was in Panera for less than five minutes before turning back to the door, two blueberry bagels in hand.

"Nic!" Fuck. I turned to find one of the managers from work, Bubbles, smiling at me. I was struck with the thought that I was wearing the exact same thing I had worked in - with her - the day before. I smiled politely as she introduced me to her sister- and father-in-law, hoping that she wasn't thinking about why I was wearing the same dress as the day before.

I escaped after a brief two minutes - during which I'm sure her in-laws found me to be awkward - using the excuse that someone was waiting. Back where I had come from, I ate the blueberry bagel in bed before returning to my own apartment.



Okay, so that is a story that is about half-fictitious. The part about waking up with someone else. Actually, I woke up when Marilyn decided that she wanted to curl up on my chest and yawn her cat food breath into my face. I did go to Panera, I did buy blueberry bagels, and I did see my boss. I was wearing the same dress as the day before, but not because there weren't any other options.

Because I'm lazy and it was hanging there so conveniently. But come on, it was a good story before you realized it was a lie.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Before I realized it was a lie, I was mad that you had neglected to even text me about the person you had woken up next to. Bitch. :)

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

HAHA I know, I was like whaaaat?? Nic didn't tell me about this! Bitch indeed. But very funny. I heart you.

^_^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home