Friday, March 20, 2009

How Nic Spends Her Free Time

Occasionally, when I find myself bored of DVDs and lacking the motivation to get pretty enough to be seen in public, I start trolling around the interwebs looking for amusement. Each Friday, Gala does a carousel of links that she has enjoyed over the week, and often she has some gems, but my taste is a little different than hers. I also don't spend quite as much time finding different things as she seems to; I find a handful of things that I like a lot and then spend hours sorting through them until I reach the end or am sick of it. So, here are a handful of things that have been amusing me over the last couple of weeks.

I Love You More Than Blank is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Some of the entries are ridiculous, some are clearly inside jokes or anecdotes, and some are simply very sweet.

I adore quotations and pretty pictures, so Finally Seeing is perfect for me. Also in that same vein are I Can Read and What else is there?.

Super Obama World amuses me endlessly. Silly, yes, but good for about ten minutes at a time.

This is Why You're Fat simultaneously grosses me out and fascinates me. It does not, however, make me hungry.

I go through phases with astrology stuff, but I do enjoy knowing where all the planets were when I was born. To find out your own, and get a bit of information, I recommend Astrology Birth Chart. It's simple and straightforward. Also related to astrology, I like Mystic Medusa, who does a bit more than what is normal with planets and such.

I heart some of the fashion blogs (like those in my sidebar), but I never seem to find one that actually has a style like my own or like what I aspire to - until now. Academichic is way too cute and so my style. Three PhD candidates who are also teaching at the college level and give a hoot what they look like. They're adorable and I think I want to be them. Also, one girl is pregnant and her bump is way cute.

Last but not least, something recommended by Spark. I haven't done this yet, but I adore the idea and maybe if I link it myself, that will be the incentive I need to get off my behind and start. Postcrossing is one of the coolest ideas ever. You register, get an address to send a postcard to somewhere in the world, and, from what I can tell, will receive the same in return. I want a postcard!

If you have any links that are totally rocking your world that you think I - or someone else - should know about, add it to the comments!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Yay for keeping me entertained on my next slow day at work!

 
At 5:07 PM, Blogger Bri Bri said...

Yay! I love new things!

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Dollface said...

I love lists of things.. Im so OCD haha..... its great to see!! xoxo

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Oh my goodness, I am so beyond grossed out by the This is why you're fat site that I can't get the cringing look off my face.
Must...close...window.

Fashion. I can look at bad fashion instead.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

Oh my god, I'm obsessed with that "What else is there?" site.

*favorites it*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home