Monday, August 18, 2008

As She Over-Thinks the Over-Thinking

I am a girl who over-thinks nearly everything.

I plot. I plan. I come up with a dozen different scenarios, all of them ending with the exact result I had envisioned. Then, after it's all said and done - whatever it is this time around - I rehash it all. I redo conversations, change my facial expressions, my words, my reactions. Again, it always ends with the result I originally desired.

Heaven forbid I come up with a result that will do me more harm than good in the long run. Because, inevitably, I will run the entire situation into the ground until I either get that desired result, or I drive myself and everyone around me crazy trying.

The last time I wanted something, the picture was very clear in my mind, and it happened exactly the way that I envisioned it. At least, the way I envisioned it happening once I got around to doing something about it. Before that, I had a hundred failed scenarios flying around in my brain.

This time, things are equally muddled, perhaps more so. While the problems surrounding the situation are rather the same, I'm not entirely sure what I want out of it. This is problematic when coming up with my scheme.

Maybe I should do myself a favor and stop thinking, stop planning. I'm sure that whatever came out of it in the end would work more to my advantage than when I try to make things happen. Of course, we all know that Nic can't just step away and let nature take it's own course. I believe somewhat in Fate, but I am of the mind that Fate needs a little nudge once in a while.

I think it's time for me to shut up.

Big things are coming tomorrow. Be excited.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Que sera, sera.

I would say quit thinking, but that effort would be futile.

In an unrelated note, that reminds me of a Calvin and Hobbes strip where Calvin is trying to say that something would be futile, but spells it 'feudal' instead. So Hobbes suggests that maybe he should spend more time on homework, much to Calvin's dismay. I still chuckle at that one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home