Thursday, August 14, 2008

Work Appropriate

He glanced at me as I walked by, wheeling a cart full of books and being followed by the customer with whom I had spent thirty minutes shopping. "Do you need help with anything?"

"Actually, would you mind getting me some boxes for these?" I requested, my voice apologetic. I had been going to grab them myself when I had been accosted by another customer.

"Is there anything else you need?" he asked a few minutes later after he delivered the boxes.

"I think we're good. Thank you!" Fifteen minutes later, looking at the boxes that I knew weighed at least half as much as I do, I reconsidered. I called him from the phone next to the register. "Remember when I said I didn't need you any more?"

"Do you mean on the clock or off?" I could see him from where I stood, and there was an evil look on his face.

I laughed softly, biting my lip and wishing that I could fire back one of the inappropriate responses that was on the tip of my tongue. "On," I answered instead. "Would you be willing to do some heavy lifting for me?"

It was his turn to laugh. "Yeah, sure."

We carried the boxes and bags to the lady's car, wished her a good afternoon, and then walked back toward the building together. I was just two steps ahead of him when he tugged on my hair, causing my breath to catch in my throat. "What was that for?" I asked, trying, and I'm sure failing, to keep my voice even.

"I just figured it was appropriate."

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger Ann said...

*sigh* Now I want to make out with someone AND have someone pull my hair. Work is going to suck for the rest of the day.

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Bizz said...

Flirting is SO MUCH FUN. I miss that. I haven't done it in a long ass time. *le sigh*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home