Monday, August 11, 2008

Confessional

I use you like a security blanket, but I don't need you often. It's unfair and while I should be sorry, I don't really intend to stop.

You are among the least competent people I have known in my entire life; it infuriates me.

I will never forget that you didn't care.

I'm sorry I threw it in your face; you didn't deserve that, but I was hurting.

I feel more like me when I'm with you. I owe you so much I cannot repay.

You will do great things, and while I'm not sure if you know it, you should.

Sometimes I use you as a verbal punching bag. I am sorry.

When you squeeze my hand, I have to make myself let go. It feels that natural.

I think you have a crush on me. It isn't reciprocal.

I would never trade what we had. Yes, it hurt. It helped to make me who I am.

At least once a week, I cry when I think of you. You turned me into a sap and that annoys me. The annoyance makes me feel guilty. The guilt reminds me that I am human.

I would have pursued what I wanted either way.

You make me feel beautiful.

Pretending that I'm ignorant to it is totally easier. I'm going to keep it up.

You mean more to me than almost anyone.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I'm stealing your idea later. And I can't figure out which one is me.

I miss you.

 
At 4:50 PM, Blogger Bizz said...

Beautiful, nic. I love this. I kind of want to write one too, now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home